I have always loved the cemetery. I know I get that from my Dad. It is just a peaceful place, full of history, full of so many different stories. Now that Mom is in one, it has a little bit different meaning and feeling to me. I know that Mom isn't just hanging out at the cemetery. She is busy doing missionary work, and trying to keep all of us on the right track. But with that being said I love to go there because when I am there all my thoughts are on her. Her life, her legacy, what she wants for me and my family.
We went to visit the cemetery the Saturday before Mother's Day to give her some flowers. We were hoping the headstone would be there, but it wasn't there yet.
We went back just after Memorial Day (to avoid all the crazy traffic there that weekend). It was bittersweet to see her headstone had been placed. It's kind of a strange feeling to see your name carved in stone- even if it wasn't my headstone. It is a beautiful headstone. I think Mom would like it.
There are times when I wish I lived closer to the cemetery, so I could come more often, but maybe it's a good thing that I can only come up every once in awhile.
Still love her, still miss her...










No comments:
Post a Comment