Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Virginia Trip

I was able to travel to Virginia with Grandma McCullough, Heather, BJ and Jenni in August to be there for Dad's Naval Retirement Ceremony. It was really neat to be able to be a part of such an important moment in his life. Most of my growing up time he was in the navy. He was deployed to Desert Storm while I was in 6th grade. He was gone one weekend a month and then two weeks out of the year. He missed out on a lot of family time, but I know how important his military career was to him. I am proud of him and all the times he left to help protect us and our freedoms.

After the ceremony we had a few days to have fun before heading back home. We spent a day in D.C. walking around the National Mall. I love that place. I don't think I could ever get tired of going there!

We drove up to Annie's house in Pennsylvania to spend some time with her. We went to the Hershey factory, and we went to Gettysburg. The one thing I think I would like the most if I lived back east was all the history that surrounds you.


I had such a great time traveling with Heather and Grandma!

No comments: