Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Two Years

It's been two years. Two birthdays, two Christmases, two Thanksgivings, two of everything without her here. I miss her, a lot. I wish I could talk to her one more time. I wish I could hug her. I wish she was sitting by me in the stands as I watch my children perform. I hope she is proud of me. I hope she is proud of her grandchildren. I hope she is around more often than I feel her. I am so grateful that families can be together forever. I am so glad that I know what it is that I need to do to be with her forever. As much as I miss her, I am glad that I am still here, and I hope that I am here for at least 60 more years! I am thankful for all that she taught me, through words and through example.
Interestingly she came and got her father on the same day that she died, two years later. I am glad that they are together. I miss them both...

No comments: