Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Happy #14 Birthday McKenzie!

McKenzie is 14! That means she can now go to Stake Dances, Youth Conferences, she can now have a phone. Holy Moly! I don't know if I am ready for this! That means that she can get her learners permit next year- ACK!!
What can I say about McKenzie? She is AMAZING! As I have watched her grow into a beautiful young woman I am in awe of her. She has gone through more hard trials than I did at her age, and yet she stands strong! She knows who she is and will not bend her standards in the least just to fit in. That has led to many times being alone, but she knows what is right and will not compromise. She is so sweet and caring and thoughtful. I remember the first parent teacher conference I went to in kindergarten. Her teacher told me that she could always count on her to be a friend to the one who was struggling, or needed a friend. And funny thing is, I have heard that same thing from all of her other teachers as well. She is a wonderful big sister to Cameron and Abby too. And as far as teenagers go... this one is a piece of cake!! Very rarely do I have to get after her for being sassy, or other typical teenager stuff. I am one lucky momma!
McKenzie, you are beautiful! I love you! I am so happy that I get the privilege of being your mother.

No comments: