Monday, February 24, 2014

6 Months

Six months ago yesterday was the last time I talked to Mom. Six months ago tomorrow she completed her journey here on earth. A lot can happen in six months. Kids get older, do more things. Life has a tendency to continue on even when you wish it would stay still.
There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about Mom, but time has a way of healing things. I still miss her, I will always miss her. But the memories are more sweet than sad. I still get sad, my kids still get sad, I am sure my siblings and Dad still get sad. And to tell you the truth, I hope that we will always have a small part of that sadness with us. Because to me that shows how much we love and miss her. I also hope we can be happy when when think of her. Remember all the fun times, the wild and crazy adventures, and yes even the bad times. Because all those memories are what shaped me into who I am today- the good and the bad.
Life moves on, and so, I too move on with it. Taking what I have learned and adding it in to the person I want to become.
I am so glad that my very last words to her, when I spoke on the phone August 23, 2013, were "I love you." I am glad that her very last words to me that same phone call were "I love you." I always make it a point when my kids are leaving, when I am leaving, when they go to bed, that the very last words I say to them is "I love you."

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Well said. And those 3 words matter more than anything else you could utter to someone. I do the same thing to my kids and hubby. :)