Monday, December 3, 2012

Santa Makes a Visit

A few weeks back I had noticed a change in Abby. A not so good change. A change that made me feel like I was ready to invest in those velcro sheets my brother-in-law has often thought about inventing. Abby was NAUGHTY! She is usually rather busy, pushing the envelope, seeing just how far she can go (which usually is pretty far because she knows she is cute and people often let her get away with everything 'cause it takes all of 2 seconds to get you wrapped around her finger). But she usually stops before too long, or before it is too out of control. Well, not lately! She has just been so bad! I was at my wits end with her. So finally she got a letter from Santa. He informed her (in as business like a tone her could) that due to recent behavior he was being forced to put her on the naughty list. She was very sad, a few tears fell (making me feel horrible), and then she thought it was the neatest thing out there! Santa wrote a letter to her!! (Sure it was because she was naughty, but who care!!) In all reality though, it worked!! Of course I also realized that we were doing so much for the other kids that she was kind of left out, or was forced from one cheer thing to the next soccer game. So, with the letter of doom from Santa and more time spent for just Abby, she has made remarkable improvement. So much in fact, that Santa decided to tell her in person that she was back on the nice list! Santa also gave each of the kids a magical candy cane. If they taste their candy cane and it is sweet, then she is on the nice list, if it tastes yucky they are on the bad list. So far they are all tasting sweet. But Abby decided that it would be safest to keep her candy cane and take a lick everyday until Christmas just to make sure she stays on the nice list!

1 comment:

Nelson said...

I really need to get those velcro sheets produced. I could make a small fortune