Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A lesson for Abby gone wrong...

As for my previous post (where I mentioned just how naughty Abby has been) I thought I would write down one of the more extreme cases of Abby being naughty and getting off the hook too easily. We were at one of McKenzie's cheer competitions at UVU last month. When it was nearly done I decided to take Abby to the bathroom, so we wouldn't have to wait in the huge line at the end of the competition. I finished helping her wash her hands and headed out the door. I turned around and Abby wasn't there. I called for her and she enventualy came out. I didn't think anything of it. Just assumed she was taking yet another papre towel from the dispenser (those automatic ones are a fun toy). Abby and Cameron drove home with Pug and I had McKenzie in my car. We were nearly home when Pug had this conversation: Cameron: Dad, Abby is bad. Pug: I know. What did she do this time? Cameron: She stole a cell phone. Pug: SHE DID WHAT?!? Abby: It doesn't work! Pug: Where did you get that?! Abby: It was on the floor in the bathroom, but it is broken. Pug takes the phone from her, plugs it in and voila! It works! He then procedes to scare her to death with words like, jail, stealing, police, and the such. Needless to say Cameron and Abby were both hysterical with tears. When we got home Pug looked up the contacts and found "Dad" listed and called it. Luckily he lived in American Fork and was able to find a time and place to meet. Abby, meanwhile had been sent to her room for some serious think time. After Pug got off the phone, he told Abby it was time to go. She was hanging onto her bed screaming that she didn't want to go (I am assuming she thought she was going to jail the way she was hanging on, and of course we didn't say anything to discourage that thought). WHen he finally got her in the car Pug told her the truth. She was going to have to give the phone back and say she was sorry for taking it. She was scared, but not as scared as she was. We were hoping that this would stop her from ever thinking of taking anything ever again. When they got there the Dad was waiting, Pug and Abby got out of the car and Abby handed the phone over and said she was sorry for taking it. The man then said, "Oh you are cute!!" Pug was thinking, "No!! No she isn't! She is naughty and has to learn a lesson!" He then proceeds to say that because she did such a good thing in returning the phone she deserved a reward. WHAT?!?! No! She STOLE it, she needs to be taught a lesson! He then pulls out a $5 bill and hands it to her which she immediately slips into her pocket and jumps back inthe car. So what was the lesson that Abby learned that day? If you steal a phone and give it back you get $5! (Not exactly the lesson we were hoping for...)

No comments: