Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hawaii day 6 part 1

On Sunday afternoon we went to the blow hole at the northern part of the island. It was about a 35 minute drive around beautiful jungle like scenery. I was surprised at the lack of flowers. But it was VERY green. When we got to the parking lot we started our journey to the blow hole. It was about a half mile hike. It started out like this, nice and green and just hilly.

Before too long it turned into this, hills of lava rocks that we got to climb over. The kids loved it.

Unfortunately with the humidity and the spray from the waves crashing below my camera lens was foggy most of the time. So, here are my girls with the ocean behind them.

This was the actual blow hole. It was so neat to watch. It looked just like a geyser!

Pug went close to the edge of the cliff. I wouldn't let any of the kids go that close, but I am a paranoid mom.

And here are my kids in front of the blow hole.

Even though it was off the beaten path a bit, it is definitely something I would recommend seeing if ever you find yourself in Maui.

No comments: