Thursday, August 12, 2010

So now... we wait

Okay, so as a lot of you know we were supposed to be closing on both of our houses on Monday and moving on Tuesday. Well... late Tuesday afternoon I got a call from my mortgage guy. He said not to worry everything looks great on the loan we are perfectly approved, BUT they are about 7-10 business days away from final approval. So best case scenario we could close on the 23rd worst case beginning of September. WHAT?!?!?!?! Where are we supposed to go for 2+ weeks and what are we going to do with all of our stuff- not to mention that school starts on the 25th!! Then yesterday we got some good news and more bad news. The good news... The house we are buying is vacant, and the person selling it said that he would let us rent it from him. HOWEVER, if we have not closed by the 31st of August he wants us to move out and clean it all up again. REALLY?!?! It isn't a matter of if we move in, it is just a matter of WHEN. Why is he being so stubborn about it? Then we got some more news, I am thinking that it is good, but kind of bad. The people buying our home cannot close on Monday, they have extended to Friday to close- which would give us the weekend to move. Great more time to wait in our home while we wait for the mortgage to get all figured out. Bad because I have everything packed up. We figured out what food we needed to get us through until Monday, what clothes we needed, etc. So that is where we are standing at this moment. I know that somehow, someway everything will work out, but I am honestly NEVER MOVING AGAIN!!! (unless I have to) This has not been the most pleasant experience.

4 comments:

Kerri said...

Hang in there. We are sad not to be on one of your soccer teams this year:(

Utah Mom said...

Sorry to hear it's been such a pain. Good luck. We need to get together before you go.

Rheanna said...

That's crazy! I hope it all works out and without too much more fuss!

The Garber Family said...

Yikes.
I hope that in a few short weeks you'll feel it was all worth it!