
On Saturday- well it was wild and crazy. The day started off with a Primary Activity. Which is great now that all 3 of my kids are in Primary. I was able to send them all off together down the street. While they were gone Pug and I got everything ready for Cameron's soccer game and then the Real game right after. We picked the kids up just before 11:00 and went to watch Cameron play. He did great and of course their team won (although just barely 2-1). After the game we went and had Cameron's team pictures taken. Then it was off the the Real game.
I love Real games! They are so fun and energetic! And we were lucky enough to be able to take the whole family this time. Right before we entered the stadium I was approached by a lady wanting to know if I wanted to participate in the Mother's Day Dash. 50 women running half the length of the field for 50 unknown prizes (all raining from $25-$500). I thought "Sure, what the heck! I am guaranteed at least a $25 gift." So at half time I run with all the speed I had and claimed my envelope for the prize. I was so excited when I saw I won $175 gift certificate to Simplicity Photography, a $25 gift certificate to Staley's Stiches, a Flirty Apron, and 7 new flower clippies. And to top it all off Real won 3-0!

So, as soon we got home I turned on the computer to check out the websites for the photographer and Staley's Stiches. Well, I don't think that I will be able to get family pictures like I had hoped. The session fee for a family of 5 is $275, PLUS a MINIMUM order of $400 worth of pictures!! WHAT?! Are you CRAZY!!! So I would have to spend at least $500!!! NO THANKS!!
The blog for Staley's Stitches was a little better. She only had a few items and most of them are baby item. And as you all know my BABY is almost four, and I don't see anything on the horizon. So I might be able to get my sister Annie (who is having her baby any day!!) a little something for her Lilly.
Now, let's get to the actual day of Mother's Day. It started out at 6:45 am with all three of my kids yelling "HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY!" I was actually okay with them waking me up that early because I was having a Stake Baptism nightmare (trust me you really don't want to know). After about half and hour Pug went down to "help" them make me breakfast. They made me cinnamon toast and a glass of oj. After they brought it up we decided that I would eat it downstairs with them. My kids really did try to behave for me, but i guess after you have been good for so long something bad is bound to happen. And it did. Cameron had one of his BIG temper tantrums that take at least 30 minute to calm him down. Luckily we were able to get a handle on things fairly quickly. Then at church nothing out of the ordinary happened. In fact McKenzie and Cameron were quite good. I ended up helping out the Primary again, so I missed the Relief Society lesson, but that is okay. The Bishop made all of the women 2 cookies (which I put in my church bag to eat at a later time, only to find that Kirby sniffed them out and ate both of them and half the bag they were in this morning).
When we finally made it home, that is when everything fell apart- for Abby at least. She was screaming and crying about EVERYTHING! I had to lock myself in the bathroom just so I could call my own mother and wish her a Happy Mother's Day. Dinner was good. Pug bbq some chicken and we had potatoes and broccoli.
The best part of Mother's day was when the kids were all asleep. I went in to see their sweet peaceful faces. And thought about all the hugs and the "I love you Mommy!" and all the little silly things they do to make me laugh. And that is why I am so glad to be a Mom.
5 comments:
Sounds like mostly a good weekend. My kids were crazy yesterday too. We're blaming it on the storm approaching. By the way, I'll take your family pictures for much much less. :)
You are an amazing and wonderful mother to those kiddo's. Love ya! -Melissa
Sounds like your weekend went great. I loved Sunday night, as well, when they were both in bed and sleeping peacefully! Those moments make struggling through each day, totally worth it!
Wow, quite an eventful Mother's Weekend you had! It's good that we can remember the "I love you Mommy's" at times we wonder what we were thinking. ;) (We've all had those moments, right?!)
I never comment...but that post made me smile/laugh...only because I have been right there with you! :) I laughed out loud at the locking yourself in the bathroom to call your own mother! They say we'll look back on these years and miss them...really? Will we really?! :)Happy Mom's Day!
Post a Comment