Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ever had one of those days?

I have been dreading today for about a week. Not that anything bad was going to happen, just that it was going to be a really busy day. I am lucky, I am in two carpool for my kids schools with some great people. I only have to drive to the Elementary school once every three week and same with preschool. This week is my week for EVES. Not a problem. My neighbor who was driving preschool asked if I would drive today as she was trainning for a new job and couldn't do. Not a problem. Cameron has a fieldtrip today. He is walking to the fire station and the library. I was a little concerned because it was supposed to be cold and stormy (and unfortunatley the weatherman was right, it is trying to snow right now). A little bit of a problem. Except I found out that the fieldtrip is supposed to go until 12:15 or so and the preschool kids get out at 11:15. A little bit bigger problem. I usually go and help out at McKenzie's class on Wednesday while Abby is in school, but with Cameron's fieldtrip and with me going on McKenzie's fieldtrip on Friday I thought I would be okay just not going to her class at all today. Problem solved. My mom flies in at 4:15 today. I had planned on switching carpool for Cameron's soccer practice, which starts at 5:15 and which may or may not happen due to weather. But my brother said that he was available to pick her up. Not a problem. So it seemed that I had everything figured out. Until about 2:00 this morning when Pug told me that he thinks he has kidney stone!!! He waited and debated until about 3:00am then he called his Dad to come and take him to the hospital (actually he told him he would just drive himself to the hospital and have him meet him there- HELLO?!?! He couldn't even walk to the bathroom). I was just going to wake up the kids and take him, but he didn't want to do that. So his Dad drove 40 minutes to our house, another 30 to the hospital, stayed with him while he was there and then drove him home around 7:00 this morning. Thanks so much Glen! So... needless to say I am NOT going anywhere today (well, I am driving carpool, but that is easy). I am going to make sure poor Pug doesn't have anymore stones to pass. He is doing fine right now. The morphine has worked well, and he is sleeping.
Just another day....

4 comments:

Tony said...

Oh dear! Poor Pug, poor you! I'm so sorry. Hope you get some rest today. Love ya. -Melissa

Celeste said...

Kidney stones are AWFUL!!!! Sorry to hear anyone has 2 go through that!! I'm amazed that u can accomplish all of that without feeling completely overwhelmed!! I would have freaked out just by thinking abt it!!

Jodi Hancey said...

Call us next time! John is super-sympathetic and would rush right out! He knows the pain....

Jenni said...

Poor Pug, I'm sorry to say that I feel for him. Those things are N-A-S-T-Y! I hope things settle down for you soon. Your mom will be there to help you tomorrow at least. :)