Friday, February 13, 2009

Earings

McKenzie has been asking from the time she was just 4 years old if she could get her ears pierced. We have told her that as soon as she was 8 we would let her do it. Well she will be 8 on the 28th of this month. She knew that she would be getting them done soon. But, Daddy being the softy that he is wanted her to get them done sooner- so it could be a surprise. So, last night as soon as Pug got home I told Kenz that we needed to go to the party store and pick out her party invitations. So we left and picked them out. Then we decided that we needed to go out for dinner. She of course chose McDonald's. Well, I didn't want to go to the McDonald's on Lehi Main St., because that is always crazy at 5:00. So I said that I knew where another one was. We drove up to Draper and went to the one on 123000 S. After she was done eating I said I had one more errand to do before we went home. I told her it was at the mall- well she loves the mall so she was all for it. We walked in and went straight to Claire's. It wasn't until I told the lady there that McKenzie was here to get her ears pierced that she found out what we were doing. McKenzie was very brave. She didn't cry. I told them to do both ears at the same time- I know how she is when she gets shots at the docs! Well, the one ear was pierced, but they didn't get the second one in, so she had to so it again. She was so brave! I think she was just so excited to get them pierced to notice how much it hurt. Anyways, she choose her birthstone, which is an amethyst., and she looks so grown up now. I love you Kenzie!

2 comments:

The Garber Family said...

We have the same idea about earrings. Hannah's 8th comes in November and she can't wait!
Look at that toothy grin!

Tony said...

I just told Megan that when I was growing up the rule for me was 18 yrs. old. You should have seen her face! I left out the part about me disobeying that rule...oh, and Megan has been wearing these huge hoop bracelets on her ears since she saw McKenzie with earrings. She says they are her earrings. -Melissa