Monday, February 23, 2009

be grateful for what we have

I was sitting here feeling a little sorry for my self. I wish we had more money, then I could do..... (you know, this and that). Then I was watching a commercial where a little girl is playing with her doll and her mother said that there wasn't any food in the house so they would not get dinner that night. I almost started to cry. I felt so selfish right then. We have plenty of food in our house. Sure we may not have the luxuries that I may want. I can't travel the world, I don't live in a big mansion, I don't have designer clothes, but what I do have is worth more than all of that put together. I have a loving husband who works hard to provide for us so I can stay home and raise the kids, who honors his priesthood and has a strong testimony of the gospel. I have 3 beautiful and healthy kids who love me and try to be good and obedient. I have support from my family- all of my family. I know what the purpose of this life is. I have never been "in need" of the necessities of life. I have so much to be grateful for, in this time of uncertainty I am grateful for what I do have.

2 comments:

Tony said...

Now, if you can just hold on to that feeling....
I am grateful we are friends. You are a good example to me and help me strive to be a better person.

-Melissa

The Garber Family said...

Amazing how healing gratitude is. I think that's one of the reasons I need Matt so much, to surround myself with grateful people is so important! Thanks for the reminder