Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The sweet innocence of a child

This morning before I had to take Cameron to school I was sitting in my room watching the news and playing on facebook. I noticed the video that my dad put together awhile back that he title "Bob's Excellent Adventures," it is a bunch of pictures from some of his trips to Iraq. One of the pictures showed Saddam Hussein's throne. Cameron asked whose throne it was. So i told him. He asked who he was and I told him that he was a bad man, but we didn't have to worry about him anymore. He asked what he did that made him bad. I told him that he allowed a lot of people to die. It is hard not to be graphic when you talk about someone who did some horrific crimes against people. Then he asked what happened to him. I told him that the people where he lived decided that it would be best if he weren't there anymore to hurt people, so he died. Cameron sat there for a few moments thinking about it, then he quietly said, "But Jesus still loves him." It was a simple statement with such innocence. Yes Cameron, no matter what we may do in this life our Savior will always love us. Think how much more that love will mean to us when we strive to live our lives to mirror His. I haven't done anything horrific in my life, but the things that I do wrong it is nice to know that I can repent and be forgiven. And that as much as I love my children, even when they do wrong, my Heavenly Father loves me even more.

5 comments:

Spencer, Emily, Ashlee said...

That is so sweet. I love the purity in our childrens hearts. thanks for sharing.

Laurie said...

I wish we could all think just like this. It's so hard not to get judgement of especially someone as Hussein who seems to be pure evil. But Cameron is right, he choose Christ's side once.

Tony said...

Cameron is a good boy. He's right. Heavenly Father does love Hussein, and if that is possible, he can love anyone, and HE does... :)-Melissa

Jenni said...

I agree with your comment about the 'Rob' thing to a point. Family shouldn't have to change their name for him, that's fine. But there are a lot of people from his work and school that look at our blog frequently so he asked that I refer to him as Rob on the blog. If you want more details on why he wants to change, then talk to him about it. There's more to the story than I was willing to write. (I'm sure you can guess.) He said he just wants to go by his real name now, and I'll try to be a support to him in that because that's what I should do as his wife.

Jenni said...

P.S. That is a way cute story about Cameron. What a sweet little guy!!!