Friday, February 13, 2015

January

January has been a very busy month. Jeff has been traveling a lot! He was in Tucson one week, Phoenix the next week and Denver then next! Needless to say, I have been a "single mom" for most of the days. It really isn't too bad. The only hard part is we don't get home until almost 9:00 at night on Tuesday's and Thursday's because of McKenzie's cheer. That makes a long night for the younger kids. But they have been real troopers about the whole thing.
Abby and Cameron are sleep walkers, it is usually quite funny to see what they do and say while sleep walking. We don't see Cameron as much as we used to now that he sleeps downstairs. Abby usually only sleepwalks when she has to go to the bathroom. Once, several months ago, Abby unlocked the front door and tried to go outside while sleep walking. We decided that if she ever did that again we would need another lock on our door. Well that time came while Pug was gone. This time she went and unlocked the back sliding glass door. So that weekend we got a lock to put on the top of our front door and a large stick to put in the track of the sliding door. Let's just hope she doesn't figure out how to unlock these while sleeping!
I also thought about getting a new wreath for my door. I saw a lot of cute ones, but I was not about to pay $75 or more just for a wreath! So I checked out some ideas on Pinterest. Then while the girls were at gymnastics and cheer, I ran over to Hobby Lobby to see what I could come up with. And here it is:
It's not exactly perfect, but I like it enough. And the best part is that it cost me less than $20 to make! I think Mom would be proud of me getting my craftiness on! Now just to continue with it....

No comments: