The Saturday before Christmas my little family and I drove up to the Salt Lake City Cemetery to see Mom's grave. There was almost two feet of snow in some places. Luckily we all wore our snow boots. Mom would have loved it! She loved snow, winter was her favorite season. We dusted the snow off her wreath that Pug put up a few weeks ago, and straightened it out. I miss her so much. Most days I am just fine- yes I miss her and will miss her everyday until I can see her again. There are a few sad moments that happen, but I am lucky in that my knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. I know where she is, what she is probably doing, and I know she will be with me and my family in every moment that I need her.
Here are my kiddos tromping through the snow to her grave.
Mom's Christmas Wreath.
My cute kids at Mom's grave.
Just looking around at the cemetery.
Christmas Day marked four months since she passed away. I find it fitting that it happened on Christmas Day (her favorite holiday). It was great to be able to go up there with Heather and BJ and their families. We did miss Dad and Annie. Someday I am sure we will all be back there as a family again.
Notice there was considerably less snow this time around
The whole group.
No comments:
Post a Comment