Friday, October 7, 2011

McKenzie's Room Make Over

When we moved into our new house just over a year ago, I had told McKenzie we could decorate her room however she wanted. Well, her favorite colors are green and blue, so we found this adorable bedding set at Bed Bath and Beyond for around $50 (we actually bought it before we moved, so I am not counting that towards her room makeover). A year later, I FINALLY got around to decorating. The theme she wanted was Paris. Super cute, and there are TONS of cute decor for a girls room for Paris- if they chose pink as their color. Not to worry though, I think I pulled it off. And the whole thing was less than $100! I will give the break down later.

Here is her room before. Every room in our house is that tan/brown color. Not exactly girly.


Here is a look at it AFTER!


A view of another wall.

The closet and door.

So, just to let you know how cheap everything cost, here is a run down:
Paint: $30 for both green and white (had a mail in rebate)
Vinyl stickers: $9 (40% off coupon at Robert's)
Eiffel Tower: $11 (50% of at Hobby Lobby)
Shelf: $14 (40% off coupon at Robert's)
Picture holder: $10 (50% off at Hobby Lobby)
Curtains: $19 (Target)
Total: $93



These curtains were fun. I bought one long panel at Target. I cut that in half and sewed a pocket for the rod on one and made a hem for the other. Then I hung them and tied black ribbon to bunch them up. I think they turned out cute for only $19.

3 comments:

Kerri said...

Rebecca and I are loving it:)

Cindi said...

Super cute! Way to be creative and thrifty. I love the color.

Jenni said...

It turned out SO cute! I can't wait to see it in person, which needs to be soon, because I just got Cameron's baptism book from Shutterfly so I need to bring it over! :)