Saturday, April 30, 2011

A 5k and kids fun run

This morning I ran a 5k race for a charity that is just getting started out here in EM. It is called the Cupcake Charity and they raise money for people who are sick, or have family members deployed, or any other need that they see. So, anyways I ran that this morning. The weather started out cold, but sunny. In fact as I was running I started taking off my layers (well, the gloves, hat, and sweatshirt). I made pretty good pace for me. I was the 4th woman through at a pace of 29:32. There weren't a whole lot of people there (maybe 40?), but I feel like I did pretty good. Afterwards they were going to have a mile fun run for the kids, but due to the snow they changed it to just a short sprint. I don't know what the distance was, but McKenzie took 1st at 1:01 and Cameron took 3rd at 1:07.

Here are just a few pictures from this morning.

Abby (obviously I DIDN't fix her hair before I left)

Me near the finish line. I don't look like I am running very fast (and I really wasn't at this point).

At the start of the kids run. I love how Cameron looks like he is just flying!!!

McKenzie nearing the finish line.

Cameron nearing the end. And McKenzie finished.

Abby is ready to call it a day. It was cold and snowing by the time the kids ran.

No comments: