Friday, January 15, 2010

So now...

Okay, I am sure that most of you know by now that the house that we built actually was sold to someone else on Christmas Eve. And surprisingly I was okay with it (well after about 30 minutes of crying and feeling sorry for myself). We thought that we would keep our house in the market for at least a little while to see what happened. Pug actually applied for a promotion with John Deere that everyone said was his. Well, we just found out that they gave it to someone from New Mexico- Pug was second, but unfortunately 2nd is not good enough in this case. So, for now we have decided to take our house off the market and kind of regroup and see what we want to happen, or more like what will happen. It was hard getting a double blow like that, but what can I do but move on? Life has it's challenges, and hopefully I am learning what I need to learn from these and others that are happening now. But I must remember, I am very lucky. We didn't have to move. We can afford our house, our kids are happy and healthy, my husband loves and cherishes me, I have a good ward, wonderful friends, and a family that will support me through anything. What more could I ask for in life? A bigger house and better paying job will come in time (and hopefully baby #4), but until that time comes I need to just be happy with what I have been given.

6 comments:

The Garber Family said...

I'm so sorry to hear that so many disappointments happened in such a short time.
Argggghhh.
Well, it's good news for your ward and neighbors, who I'm sure would have hated to see you go right now!

Shawn and Shellbi said...

I should say I am sorry that the house thing didn't work out, but I would have missed seeing McKenzie so in a way, I am happy! We aren't her teachers anymore, but that kid just makes me smile every time I see her! And her testimony last Fast Sunday made her just released Primary Teachers miss her!

Heather said...

You have a good out look on the crappy times you guys are having. I hope things turn around....Now! :) And hopefully sometime we can actually get together!

Jenni said...

That's a good attitide to have! I'm sorry that things didn't work out for you in both cases. I believe that the Lord is planning something amazing for you, and that in the end, you will be grateful things happened the way they did to lead you to where you will be. Have faith!!! Love you!

Tony said...

You KNOW good things are coming your way, it's only a matter of time. :) -Melissa

Spencer, Emily, Ashlee said...

I am sorry, but very happy you are staying.