Last week I was able to take the kids to the Tracy Aviary. They had never been there before and I had been years the last time I was there. The kids had a blast. The ducks were being tagged and vaccinated while we were there so the kids were able to see them up really close and watch how they were taken care of. They have some really interesting birds there. One of the favorites were the peacocks. They were everywhere. We saw them on the tops of fences, on the roofs of buildings, walking around the grounds. I think they thought they owned the place. They have a small bird show where they show off some of the trained birds. They called for a volunteer to help and Cameron was chosen. He thought that was soooo cool. Afterwards they gave him a coupon for free bird food to feed the ducks and pelicans. He was a good sport and shared it with everyone.
One of the birds with a crazy hairdo ( kinda hard to see in the pic)

One of the peacocks chillin on the fence.

Cameron at the bird show.

No comments:
Post a Comment