Monday, March 30, 2009
A Fit Life
For awhile now I have been noticing that my life seems to be at a stand still. I do the same thing everyday, worry about the same stuff everyday, make the same foods every week, do the same laundry every couple of days, etc., etc. I seemed to have some sort of epiphany this morning. I need to be fit. Now I am no talking just about exercising- which I do need to do- but my whole life. I did start running awhile back to train for a half marathon, but after having intense knee pain I have stopped for now. At the moment I am starting some weight training (thanks to Amy Mutchler for the ideas!). I am sore to say the least, but in a good way- I am doing something new. But the rest of my life still seems stagnant. I need to get spiritually fit, financially fit, my house needs to be "fit" (i.e. clean and organized), spending quality time with the kids needs to be fit, my meals need to be fit (good meals that my kids will eat). So, if any of you have any ideas for any of these issues let me know- how and when you study scriptures, how you budget, how you can spend quality time with each child and have a clean house, any recipes that are an especially big hit in your family...whatever help you can give.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hi Katie,
No specific advice here. I often feel that I am lacking in many of those same areas. The only thing I can think of is that my kids love fruit smoothies for breakfast. I get a big bag of a Dole strawberry, pineapple, mango blend at Wal-Mart, I buy blueberries at Sam's, wash and freeze them in the container they come in. We put a banana, fruit, yogurt, carrots, spinach, flax seed, orange juice concentrate, milk, etc. Anything we have that sounds healthy. The boys love it and though I get sick of it sometimes, I love it too. Try that in your blender and see what those cute kids think. :)
Oooh, I love the smoothies too! :) Last year Jeff and I decided to do mommy and daddy dates with each kid by themselves and make it their special time alone with mom and dad. We either let them pick or surprise them with something we know they'll love. It doesn't have to be anything expensive, even if it's getting a babysitter for the other two and sleeping in your living room and having a pretend camp out with microwaved smores.
I also have a chore box where I keep all of the things that I need to get done for the house for the entire YEAR. And I've organized them so I have things that need to be done once a month, week and so on. And everyday we look in there and see what needs to be done. I also have Lindsay's chores in there, which are empty silverware and put away and set the table. Make it simple at first and go from there...Good luck! We all feel this way. You are not alone but as long as we try, that's all we can do.
Katie, I wish I had some awesome advice. I TOTALLY understand what boat your in right now! It's so hard to find what's best. I've started introducing one new vegetable a week like cabbage, asparagus and eggplant and even if they don't like it, we want them to try it. Good luck!
I think the fact that you are thinking about it and hoping for something better means you are on the right path...
Just keep truckin'
I've starting sneaking carrots and a few other veggies into Haleigh's smoothies and you can't even taste them. Although she did see the orange in it one time and said it looked like carrots and then I had to flat out lie and say that it had to do with the orange juice that was in there.....how terrible am i!??
Post a Comment