


Abby gets her cast off today, so I guess that she needed something else for sympathy. Yesterday morning McKenzie, Cameron and Abby were downstairs playing while Pug and I pretended to be asleep for a few more minutes. All of a sudden we hear a huge crash and a bloodcurdling scream. We jumped out of bed and ran down the stair to see Abby near the bottom of the stair with blood pouring down her face. It was bleeding so hard and it would not stop. Abby stopped crying and started to close her eyes and was having a hard time breathing. Pug and I were very concerned that she was loosing consciousness. So we called 911. After a few minutes we got the bleeding to slow down enough to not be scary and her breathing evened out. We told them not to send an ambulance and we would take her to the ER ourselves. Luckily we have the most wonderful neighbors- Tony and Melissa- who took McKenzie and Cameron ( it was a Sunday they had to get their kids ready and now ours plus she just had a baby- I love you guys!!!). At the ER we had to wait almost 2 hours before we got back- there were 2 ambulances that showed up while we were waiting. When we got back there the doctor was laughing. I guess it isn't everyday that you see a baby who has already broken her foot come in with a gash on her forehead. Anyways, she ended up getting 6 stitches in her head. She was so good! She didn't wiggle or cry at all while they stitched her up. What a good little girl. I just hope that we don't have to go back again anytime soon!!!!
4 comments:
Oh my gosh...how sad!! And scarey! I hope she's doing better.
Wow! It looks a lot worse than it did yesterday when I saw her but I guess she had a bandage on. You're going to have to keep her in a bubble or something. Have any of your other kids broken anything or had stitches or is she going to be your accident prone kid?
My goodness! Toddlers are just so fun. I hope she gives you a break for awhile and that she heals quickly. Poor thing.
Poor Abby girl!! She has had a really rough summer, better luck next year kiddo!! Sad!!
Post a Comment