At the end of September Eagle Mountain City had someone break into their water storage tank. It was unknown if they had contaminated the water or not, and it takes 24 hours for the tests to come back. So to be safe, they issued a "NO WATER" policy until it could be determined if the water was contaminated. And of course it happened to be the night of baths and showers. So we improvised. Luckily we had some water storage, so I got some out, and warmed it up on the stove. Then we had a washing assembly line. I was able to wash the girls hair with just 2 cups of water, and Cameron's with just one. Then they all got some soap and a washcloth and washed their bodies. I think they actually had fun doing it. And I was able to see what I would in need in case of a real emergency. It turned out that everything was fine, but it was a good learning experience.
What I have learned from this "mini emergency:"
1. I have enough water to last my family for about 3-4 days of minimal water usage. (definitely need to beef up the water storage)
2. Dry shampoo might be a good investment for my emergency storage.
3. Paper products. I only have a few leftovers from family parties. I need to have a good supply on hand for when washing dishes isn't an option.
4. Another thing I need to have a supply of is hand sanitizer. I only have the little travel ones for my purse or backpacks.
5. Baby wipes! They can clean a lot of dirty people.






No comments:
Post a Comment