Monday, September 24, 2012

Happy Birthday Abby!

Abby had a birthday this month. On September 8th she turned 6!! I can't believe it. Abby is our comedian of the family. We can always count on her saying or doing something funny. She is also the one who is the first to share. Whether it is candy, a toy, or whatever, I know I can count on her to share it with her brother or sister or a friend. Abby is so creative. I sometimes wonder if I should be mad at the lies she tells or impressed with creativity on the stories she tells. For example, she has told primary teachers that she has a new baby sister, that she was born in China (or Hawaii), that every Wednesday they get to eat lunch at the school (I could keep going, but I think I will stop). The day before her birthday she was able to have a friends party. She chose to do an American Girls Doll Tea Party. And of course I was too involved in the actual party to get many pictures. Here are all the girls at the girl table. We had a smaller table all set with play dishes and play food for their dolls.
Abby blowing our her candle.
This is one really happy kid!
And of course it wouldn't be Abby if she didn't hug EVERYBODY!
Here she is on her actual birthday. We woke her up early so she could open her presents before we had to go to football and soccer games.
Whenever I asked Abby what she wanted for her birthday she would just say, "I am sure I will love whatever you get me." Very sweet, but not helpful at all. So I got her clothes (which is this girls obsession), an Adele CD (which she somehow knew all of her songs), and a few other little things. And every time she opened a present is was this response:
You would have thought she had been waiting her whole life for it. I love that little girl and am so glad that she is a part of our family. HAPPY #6 ABBY!!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Abby is one cute girl. She is such a doll!!!

Melissa said...

I love that little Abby girl!