Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Grandma Hortenses Funeral and meeting the Prophet

Our wonderful great (great-great to the kids) grandma passes away after 93 amazing years. She served so faithfully in the church. She was in the Young Women general board, served as First Counselor in the General Young Women's Presidency, and served on the Adult Correlation Committee. She was a WAVE in the Navy during WWII. She Married my Great- Grandaddy in May of 1978, so she has been the only Great Grandma I have know. I will miss her dearly. She was such a great example to me of righteous living. I love you Grandma Hortense and will miss you. Because of her church service, she was good friends with President Thomas S Monson, so it was no surprise to have him preside and give remarks at the funeral. He even came to the graveside. Here are just a few pictures of that amazing time with all those incredible people.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

That was an amazing day; one I hope our kids will all remember forever!!!

Totaldoll said...

Wow What an Amazing Experience! Sorry to hear of your loss but so neat to hear of her amazing life!