Monday, March 12, 2012
Judging Others
We have been struggling a lot lately with Cameron, as many of you already know. We have taken some steps to get us and him the help he needs, and things are going much more smoothly. The other day while I was out and about I heard a child screaming and throwing quite the temper tantrum. I was very tempted to be annoyed at this child and family. Then I had a thought hit me. I don't have a clue what that child and/or family is going through. When Cameron has a melt down, I can tell you I feel lost, overwhelmed, helpless. I know he shouldn't act like that, but there wasn't a darn thing that I could do to stop it. A scripture came to mind at that moment when I almost judged those people. Matthew 7:1. Judge not, that ye be not judged. And then as I was searching for that scripture I found another one that goes a little bit deeper. It is Luke 6:37. Judge not and ye shall not be judged; condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned; forgive and ye shall be forgiven. I am so far from perfect. I really don't know what people are going through, and I have no place to judge. As easy as it is to judge people (first impressions and all that), I am really trying harder to not judge a person by what I see and really try to understand what a person is going through. And most of all to forgive them of whatever they do. Because I really need that promise from the Lord that if I forgive others I will be forgiven
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love this post. President Hinckley gave a talk in the June 1991 Ensign titled "Of You It Is Required to Forgive”. Such a good reminder that we really don't know what others circumstances are. D&C 64:9 says: Wherefore, I say unto you, that ye ought to forgive one another; for he that bforgiveth not his brother his trespasses standeth condemned before the Lord; for there remaineth in him the greater sin.
What a great reminder! :)
Post a Comment