Wednesday, February 29, 2012

11 years old


Where has the time gone? I can't believe that my little girl is 11 already! What can I say about McKenzie? She is wonderful. There is so much I can learn from her. I know I can always count on her when I need to. If I need her to babysit while I run some errands or have a meeting or whatever, she is there. She is the one the teachers always say that they can count on to be a friend to the sad or friendless. Even when things aren't exactly what she wants, she is so good to put on a happy face and go with it. She has such an amazing knowledge of the scriptures. She knows and understands stories that I just recently am starting to understand. I look at her and wonder how I was chosen to be her mother. She is way better than I am, what could I possibly teach her? She is mild tempered for the most part, and rarely do I have to get after her. I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for blessing my life by letting her come and be a part of our family. I love you McKenzie! Happy Birthday.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I needed a tissue for this one. She is such a beautiful, sweet, compassionate, and loving girl. I am doing Halle's 1st year scrapbook right now and have laughed at just how many pictures I have of McKenzie and Halle. Those two are going to be so close. I love that girl to pieces! Happy Birthday, Sweet Kenzie!