Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Life

I have been thinking a lot lately about life, love, and what it really means to be happy. Recently there have been many things going on around me that has reminded me what is really important. Last week a very dear friend of ours passed away after battling cancer for 6 years. She was only 34, and their newly adopted baby wasn't quite one yet. She was such a beautiful amazing person. Her death was a reality check- slap in the face. It just didn't seem fair that she was chosen to be the one who would suffer from cancer and leave this earthly existence way too early. But, here is the thing. Who am I to know what is best for someone? Paige was a person who seemed to be perfect, without flaw. Someone who was needed far more in heaven than here. She was sent here to bless the lives of those she met (and BLESS them she did). When she had finished all that she was meant to do here one earth she was called home. Life is so precious. We never know when our mission here on earth will be fulfilled and we are called home. I have tried so hard lately to make more time for my children, to be a better mother, wife, friend, neighbor, and daughter of God. I am trying harder to be more diligent in my scripture reading, and be more sincere in my prayers. Life is short, even if I live to be 104. I hope that all of us can just "try a little harder to be a little better." And especially at this Christmas season let us remember our Savior and all that He has done to make it possible to be together with our loved ones after this life is over. And for those few of you who read this blog, just know that I do think of you as my friends. Thank you for supporting me.

5 comments:

Utah Mom said...

Beautiful thoughts, Katie. Thanks for sharing. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

Deanne Hill said...

Very true. Love you lots, Katie!

DIAZ BLOG said...

I am sorry to hear about your friend.....seems this last month has been one of loss for so many. It sure does helps us to gain perspective! You are a great woman and a wonderful mother! I am honored to call you friend!

Jenni said...

Love it! It's so sad to see such wonderful people leave us but so comforting to have the knowledge that we do. Thanks for the reminder!

Totaldoll said...

Thank you for you beautiful testimony! I needed it!