Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Sweet Cameron




Cameron can be the sweetest most caring little boy in the world, but then again he can be quite naughty. Lately he has been having BAD temper tantrums. Pug and I just could not figure out what was going on. At parent-teacher conferences I asked his teacher how he was doing and she said he was doing great. He is one of the top readers, he is great at math and pretty much everything else they do. He finishes his work really quickly and then get bored and starts to talk and get into mischief. We worked on a plan to make sure he always has something to do- including making his work a little more challenging. I go into his class every week to help out and his teacher said that he was doing great, much better. Then why were we still having so many problems at home?! Well, last night, after another Cameron blow-up, Pug took him to his room and FINALLY got him to talk a little. He said that there are second graders that have been making fun of him (they call him "small mailman" which when you are a small first grader is not very funny), and at lunch he always sits by himself (he always has cold lunch and he said that his friends have hot lunch), and then can never find anyone to play with at recess. As a mother I think that one of the worst things you can hear is that your child doesn't have any friends. Now I know Cameron and I know that he is a very friendly boy and can make friends with just about everyone, so... how can this happen?! I went in to talk with his teacher this morning to voice my concerns and to see if she has ever noticed any problems. She said that of all the children in her class Cameron was one of the last people she would have suspected as have a hard time. He has lots of buddies in class, but she is not outside during recess. She talked with the teacher of the 2nd graders that were teasing him and said that they were all working on being friends this month. Now with that cleared up I only have one more issue. Poor Cameron doesn't have any friends that really live close by (you know, close enough that I would feel okay to let him walk to their house by himself). I am a huge slacker when it comes to making play dates for him. I don't know why. So if you are reading this and your son is a friend of Cameron's, hopefully they can get together and play- he really needs it.

4 comments:

Jenny G. said...

Katie- Hunter actually came home the other day and told me the same thing, that he was having a hard time finding friends at recess. We should get them together to play so they can get to know each other better!

Tony said...

Tell Cameron he always has Kimball and Logan as friends....too bad we don't live nearby anymore.. :( The boys miss him! -Melissa

From all the little Hunt's in Huntville said...

Hi Katie, just was cruising through some blogs and found yours. So sad, we want Cameron to come play at our house. You name the day and we will come get him. my kids are on B track, so it is just a little later. Brayden would be so excited. I am a slacker too and just don't set up playdates either, but lets do it now. My number is 801 753-8039 or my email is mandshunt@gmail

Jenni said...

Well, I love that sweet boy and anyone not his friend is missing out on a great one! I wish you lived closer so we could get Cam and Trevan together more. This post made me sad (I read it awhile ago, but didn't comment...)