Monday, December 15, 2008

RAD kids

This year in school McKenzie's class is participating in RAD kids. It is a program that teaches them personal saftey techniques. A little more involved than "stranger danger." Well, today was their graduation and the parents were invited to come and see what they have learned. They all put on safety gear- knee pads, elbow pads, gloves, and helmet. Then they went through and obstacle course were they demonstrated some of the techniques they learned. The last obsticle they had was a man- he really was a police officer- dressed up in padding would try to "abduct" the child. They would then fight him off. I took a video of Kenzie fighting off her attacker. I don't know if you can hear it in the video, but Abby was in the backgroung yelling, "Run Kenzio run!"

2 comments:

Spencer, Emily, Ashlee said...

Way to go Kenzio. What a cute name. I love the family pic you have. You look goergeous.

Deanne Hill said...

That is such a great idea! I wish they had a program like that here! And how sweet that Abby is cheering for her sis. Too cute!