Monday, October 13, 2008
Sleepless Morning
Have you ever had those mornings when you wake up and it is just too early to be up? Well, that happened this morning. Cameron woke up at around 4:30 this morning. After I got him settled down and back to bed I was wide awake. I just laid in bed thinking why am I not asleep, then my mind wondered around thinking about things i had to do today, things that I was worrying about, etc, etc, etc. Then I was thinking about something that we talked about in church, and about what I believe it was Elder Bednar said in his confernce talk. About saying a prayer of gratitude. So, I thought, "well I am just sitting here doing nothing I might as well give it a go." I started out pretty generic- greatful for home, family, church, etc. Then I started to get more and more specific. I caught myself a few times trying to pop in a request, but I stopped myself. Before I knew it Jeff's alarm was going off for him to wake up. It was nearly 6:00. And the funny thing is- I could have kept on going. It has made me realized how blessed I really am. I have spent a lot of time wish and thinking about all the things that I want and how much better and easier my life would be "if only," but I have already been given so much. I need to work on being grateful for the things that my Heavenly Father has already given me. It also makes me think of the hymn "because I have been given much I too must give." In this time of economic stress I hope that we can all take the time to thank our Heavenly Father for what has been given to us and find ways to give to those in need.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a great idea, just stopping and thinking! I have gotten into a really bad habit of turning the tv on instead of just sitting and thinking. Thanks for the great example! I, too have sooo much to be grateful for!
I couldn't have said it any better. What a great idea. Heaven knows up at 3 A.M. every now and then. I find myself saying this "thankful" prayers when I'm driving home and see what a beautiful place we live in.
That talk was very inspiring. And what a great idea for those middle-of-the-night-moments.
Great to have that kind of perspective right now!
Post a Comment